WeatherPhilippines Daily Graphical Satellite Analysis from 2pm Jun 01 until 2pm June 02, 2018

TROPICAL DISTURBANCES (LPAs) 99W & 90W, & its associated TROUGH will bring mostly cloudy to cloudy skies with scattered to widespread light to moderate to at times heavy rain showers & thunderstorms across KALAYAAN ISLAND GROUP, PALAWAN, MINDANAO, & WESTERN VISAYAS.  As of 8:00 AM today, LPA 99W was spotted some 359 km WSW of Puerto Princesa City (8.9 N 115.7 E) while LPA 90W was spotted some 449 km ENE of Davao City (8.2 N 129.4 E).  The potential of 99W  and 90W of becoming a significant Tropical Cyclone within the next 24 hours is HIGH (>65 % chance), and LOW (<35 % chance), respectively.

Meanwhile, the REST OF THE PHILIPPINES will have partly to mostly cloudy skies with isolated to scattered rain showers and thunderstorms in some areas especially in the afternoon or evening.

**Residents are advised to be on alert for POSSIBLE FLASHFLOODS, LANDSLIDES OR LIGHTNING STRIKES during the occurrence of Severe Thunderstorms.

Stay safe as always! #WeatherAlert #WeatherWiser

Here is the latest daily graphical satellite analysis showing all tropical systems in and around the Philippines and the Western Pacific Basin. This is valid for the next 24 hours.

To view the NOAA IR Animated Loop, kindly click this image.

To view the NOAA IR Animated Loop, kindly click this image.

Important note: In the infrared (IR) satellite image shown above: BLUE areas indicate Clear Skies with a Few Clouds; GREEN = Partly to Mostly Cloudy Skies; YELLOW = Mostly Cloudy to Hazy Skies with Possible Slight-to-Moderate Rainfall; and RED = Thunderstorms with Moderate to Heavy to sometimes Extreme Rainfall.

24-Hour Observed Rainfall Accumulation (8:00 AM May 31 to 8:00 AM Jun 01, 2018)

Created by: Redmund G. Nacario for WeatherPhilippines

©2019 WeatherPhilippines Foundation


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?


Create Account