TYPHOON LEKIMA (HANNA) STORMWATCH NO. 06
Issued at: 7:00 AM PhT (23:00 GMT) Thursday 08 August 2019
Next update: 7:00 AM PhT (23:00 GMT), Friday 09 August 2019
|Current Status and Outlook||Typhoon LEKIMA (HANNA) has rapidly intensified as it moves northwestward slowly across the North Philippine Sea, and is expected to move out of the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) by early tomorrow morning (Aug 09). Its western trough (extension) continues to affect Batanes and Babuyan Group of Islands with occasional rains and gusty winds.
The presence of this typhoon will continue to enhance the Southwest Monsoon (Habagat) and bring generally cloudy conditions with “on-&-off” rains and thunderstorms across MiMaRoPa and the Western Sections of Luzon and Visayas today through Friday (Aug 09).
|Where is LEKIMA (HANNA)?||As of 5:00 AM PhT today, August 08…2100 GMT. The eye was located over the northwestern part of the North Philippine Sea [near 22.4°N 126.0°E], about 466 km east-northeast of Basco, Batanes or 1,014 km north-northeast of Metro Manila.|
|How strong is it?||Maximum Sustained Winds (10-min avg): 190 kph near the center, with gustiness: 235 kph.|
|Past Movement (06 hrs)||Northwest @ 15 kph, towards the Yaeyama Islands (Ishigakijima).|
Information based on data collected by WeatherPhilippines Foundation, Inc. shall not be taken as official data. Weather information broadcasted and distributed by PAGASA remains as official data. WeatherPhilippines shall not be responsible for the private use and reliance of its weather information.
Typhoon LEKIMA (HANNA) StormWatch No. 06
- WeatherPhilippines Daily Graphical Satellite Analysis from 3pm August 25 until 3pm August 26, 2019
- WeatherPhilippines Daily Graphical Satellite Analysis from 2pm August 24 until 2pm August 25, 2019
- Rain Alert Update No. 01 (As of 2:20 AM Aug 24, 2019)
- WeatherPhilippines Daily Graphical Satellite Analysis from 2pm August 23 until 2pm August 24, 2019
- WeatherPhilippines Daily Graphical Satellite Analysis from 2pm August 22 until 2pm August 23, 2019