TYPHOON LEKIMA (HANNA) STORMWATCH NO. 05
Issued at: 6:45 AM PhT (22:45 GMT) Wednesday 07 August 2019
Next update: 7:00 AM PhT (23:00 GMT), Thursday 08 August 2019
|Current Status and Outlook||LEKIMA (HANNA) becomes a Typhoon as it moved very slowly northwestward across the North Philippine Sea during the past 24 hours. Its current forecast shows a continued northwest to north-northwesterly track towards the Yaeyama Islands, and is likely to exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) on Friday early morning (Aug 09). This typhoon remains a non-threat to the country.
The presence of this typhoon will continue to enhance the Southwest Monsoon (Habagat) and bring generally cloudy conditions with “on-&-off” rains and thunderstorms across MiMaRoPa and the Western Sections of Southern Luzon and Visayas today through Thursday (Aug 08).
|Where is LEKIMA (HANNA)?||As of 5:00 AM PhT today, August 07…2100 GMT. The center was located over the mid-western part of the North Philippine Sea [near 19.7°N 128.1°E], about 643 km east of Basco, Batanes or 949 km northeast of Metro Manila.|
|How strong is it?||Maximum Sustained Winds (10-min avg): 120 kph near the center, with gustiness: 150 kph.|
|Past Movement (06 hrs)||Quasi-Stationary, over the Mid-Western Part of the North Philippine Sea.|
Information based on data collected by WeatherPhilippines Foundation, Inc. shall not be taken as official data. Weather information broadcasted and distributed by PAGASA remains as official data. WeatherPhilippines shall not be responsible for the private use and reliance of its weather information.
Typhoon LEKIMA (HANNA) StormWatch No. 05
- WeatherPhilippines Graphical Satellite Analysis from 2pm May 27 until 2pm May 29, 2020
- WeatherPhilippines Graphical Satellite Analysis from 4pm May 25 until 4pm May 27, 2020
- WeatherPhilippines Graphical Satellite Analysis from 4pm May 22 until 4pm May 25, 2020
- WeatherPhilippines Graphical Satellite Analysis from 8pm May 20 until 8pm May 22, 2020
- WeatherPhilippines Graphical Satellite Analysis from 4pm May 18 until 4pm May 20, 2020