The Weather Philippines Mobile Application (hereinafter, the “Application”) collects user data to deliver optimal weather reports and weather prediction experience to users.
Information collected online can often be categorized as either personal data or anonymous information:
This includes information that can eventually lead to the identification of a specific individual and sensitive personal information. Examples of such are e-mail address, mailing address, gender, age, etc. This Application does NOT collect Personal Data.
This Application, only uses third party services from Google and Apple to uniquely represent the device/user in the system. Anonymous information refers to information that cannot lead to the identification (ID) of a specific individual. For example, we can see that a device with device ID A00001 is fetching weather information from location X. The device ID is randomly generated by either Google or Apple, and only Google or Apple can identify the user of the device. Weather Philippines Foundation, Inc. (WPFI or the “Owner”) cannot identify the user of the device.
The collected data, along with how it is used, stored and/or processed by the Owner, is detailed in this policy.
- Device ID
- The Application uses Apple or Google service application program interface (APIs) to fetch a token or device ID that uniquely represents the user’s device in the system.
- This token/device ID is sent to the WPFI server to represent the device in the system.
- The Application does NOT fetch, store, and/or use the user’s Apple or Google account credentials or any other identifiable information related to the user’s account.
- Location Information of the Device
- The Application fetches the device’s location upon start up.
- The Application will then determine the nearest weather station to the provided location.
- Weather report and prediction information from the closest weather station is then fetched by the Application.
- Weather report and prediction information associated from the closest weather station is then sent to the device via the Application.
- User-specified Location Information
- The Application allows the user to input and bookmark specific locations by providing location information such as city, province, barangay, building name, etc.
- The Application will then determine the nearest weather station to the provided location using the location information given by the user.
- Weather report and prediction information from the selected weather station is then fetched by the Application.
- User-uploaded Images
- The Application allows the user to capture and/or upload images.
- These images are used to change the default location avatar and represent a saved location..
- These images are not accessible by the Owner.
- User Behavior via Analytics
- The Application uses Flurry Analytics, a third party tool to capture and measure user behavior.
- No account credentials or any Personal Data is sent to Flurry Analytics.
In case of queries or complaints, you can contact: