The dawn of the new and improved WeatherPhilippines mobile app is here! Here are the five reasons why you should download it now:
- Improved forecasting accuracy. Our previous version uses one data source – the American Model forecast (Global Forecast System). Now, we are shifting to a multi-model approach. This means the mobile app will now be getting weather data from several sources and extract its median value. The multi-model forecasting reduces variances in forecasts among different weather models for increased accuracy.
- New weather parameter added. We are promoting better decision-making through our new weather parameter – rain probability. Showing us what are the chances for rain during a specific time from of the day, it’s now easier to resolve whether you should eat out or stay indoors for dinner.
- More detailed forecasting. We are bringing you a more detailed forecasting, with an hour-by hour break down to suit your planning needs. Before, the forecast is divided into three-hourly data.
- Better location tagging. The older version of the WeatherPhilippines app allows users to search specific weather stations and add these in their dashboard. The update now allows users to search for their location of choice such as their home, office, or school. The app will automatically determine the nearest weather station to the location of interest and reflect that weather observation and forecast.
- More user-friendly design. Aside from new technical features, the WeatherPhilippines mobile app also got an aesthetic makeover! Our pool of technical and user interface/user experience (UI/UX) professionals teamed up to give the mobile app a fresher look.
Launched last November, the new version of the WeatherPhilippines app is available in both Apple Store for iOS and Google Play Store for Android. Don’t forget to update your app if you’re an existing user!